Monday, June 18, 2012

I can't drink my tea without sugar....

Many people when they see how much weight I lost they are shocked and want to jump on bored the Paleo Love Train. Then I tell them what they can't eat ( Bread, Processed foods, Sugar, Grains, Pasta, Rice ETC) and they look at me like I have four heads. Yes you can't look and feel fabulous like me while you stuff your face with pasta and bread. But there are easy tips and tricks to be Paleo or as I like to call it Kinda Paleo. Paleo is high in protien, some people can't adopt high protien diets therefore here come my quick fixes and tips, I always ask well what do you eat and drink? First off if you drink soda diet or not switch it out with water, or even seltzer water. Add lime and lemon for more flavor or even home brewed Iced Tea but nix the sugar. Second alot of people will eat fruit, apples, oranges, pinapple, and notice a spike in weight gain or no loss. Those fruits are high in natural sugars, so while its better than a bag of chips, its still not gonna help with weight loss. You need to eat more veggies, Peppers, onions, broccoli, green lafy veggies like Kale, all of them with help you loose weight and stay full. Try and eat berries like raspberries and blueberries a hnndful at a time and stick to one sugary fruit a day. If you can avoid fruits altogether for a week or two try that and avoid grains while your at it. Small changes like this can help to lead to better choices and in the end its all about moderation.

No comments:

Post a Comment