Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Burger Boats and Beans

Burger Boats!!!

For Paleo people these are just great. Technically Paleo purists will say that Green Beans are not paleo because they are a legume. They are however one of my favorites. So I always eat them and even sometimes for breakfast, and yes even the garlicy ones :) Anywho, These burgers are great for cook outs and barbeques and the best part is you can customize them how you want. Check out my Recipe below.

Ingredients:
1 Pound of Grass Fed Beef ( Trust me you will appreciate this change the beef has much more flavor)
Cherry Tomatoes Diced ( save tomato juice)
Onion Minced ( save the onion juice)
3 good shakes of McCormick Hamburger Seasoning
2 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce

Cut it all up and add it to your beef and just combine everything. Form the meat into one big patty and score it with the side of your hand or a knife into four quarters. then form four patties using one quarter. This is a tip I learned from Rachel Ray.

I cook my burgers in a skillet with a little butter. Let them caramelize and cook on one side before flipping. Once you see it cooking to your liking flip and finish the process.

Take a few romaine leaves and arrange them on your plate. I cut my burger in half after they have rested and put one half of the burger on a romaine leaf. Then I dress it with whatever topping I'm in the mood for. In this case it was extra Tomato and my homemade guacamole!!! Then enjoy... You can eat it with your hands or with a knife and fork. Serve with a veggie or two on the side and your all set!!!

Topping: Ashley's Simple Great Guacamole:
-2 Ripe Avacados ( Look below for how to pick Avacados)
-1 to 2 Limes
-Cherry Tomatoes
-Pinch Garlic Powder
-Pinch of Onion Powder
-Chopped up Onion
-Salt

* Any good guac needs salt. I know I am contradicting myself here, but I like my my guac like I like my margaritas with a lot of lime and salt. :) No one said I was perfect. 

-Cut Avacados in half, watch out for the pit.
-Remove Pit (save these for later)
-Cut the avacado in the skin into cubes going across and then down the avacado with the knife be careful
-Dump avacado cubes into a bowl
-Mash with the back of a fork or leave chunky, I like my guac creamy.
-Cut the Tomatoes into quarters
-Dice and add the onion. 
-Roll the limes on your counter
-Then cut and add the limes to the mix add one half lime at a time and to taste.
-Add the salt a pinch or two or three all to taste.
-Once you have the tomatoes, onion, add the spices and lime juice to taste.






No comments:

Post a Comment