Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Ask Me Why...

The Article

Not only do I use my blog to document my lifestyle with Paleo and discuss health topics and gain fitness advice, but I use it as a platform and as a sounding board to voice my own opinions. Its a crazy and wonderful world we live in and it can be cruel sometimes. This story touched me and so I wanted to share it with you.

This young girl took a photo of herself and put it out there for the world to see. She was courageous in saying that my body is my body and no one should tell me how I should look. I have had weight issues and I am finally getting them under control. I get it, some people have strong opinions about what you should be to be healthy but in the end it up to each person to be responsible. You can blame your parents for not having healthy foods, but in the end it's up to you. At work I listen to the Elvis Duran Morning Show on iHeart radio. I grew up in Jersey and grew up listening to Z100 and that morning show. They have a new girl on there team Bethany and she pretty much broke down talking about this story and a little competition they had on who wore it best. I felt so bad for her because even though they were saying she is beautiful and such a great person, it was a subject that was tough one for her.

I feel for people on TV because its a hard place to work. Everyday your being judged and evaluated. I had a strong passion for the Jennifer Livingston story because I wanted to be in broadcast and I was told to my face that I needed to get a hair cut, and wear better makeup, and that dropping some weight would make me more likeable on camera. You have to fit there mold, or it doesn't work. There is a cruel joke in broadcasting that if you can't make it on TV that you then have a "face for radio" insinuating that radio host's are ugly or fat, or whatever and it's not true. I mean These are good looking people at Elvis Duran and the Morning Show.

It's not right to judge and say what is normal and what is attractive, everyone has different styles and tastes. I say this,  be happy with your body, and make sure that your healthy. There is no perfect size, but there is a way to be heathy and stay healthy. Don't Worry about being a size zero, just work on living this one life as best you can. Eat right, and stay moving and have fun. Life is too short to get caught up in what's wrong with the world or anyone else...

Ready for a mood changer... We played with Halloween Costumes last night, Take a Look at this Face!
Lunch Lady Ace Face 

Old Lady Ace Face
 Yea I know Ace is a boy.... Which means I MUST find him a SWEET costume tonight! Im thinking Batman, but we will see.... Have  a great day! Make someone smile.

XO,
Ash





No comments:

Post a Comment