Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Getting Back on Track

So, Since the beginning of the year February 1st to be exact I have eaten pretty much Paleo. Now not to say that in the past month or so I have gone off, because I haven't but I have allowed a few more indulgences then I did before. I have maintained my weigh for a few months now. I have fluctuated in muscle mass up and down but for the most part my weight has stayed the same. I have noticed that I feel much better when I am strict to Paleo and when I don't cheat, even if I don't cheat alot. This weekend taught me one thing, and that is that change is good. Even if I can't drink my guy friends under the table and even if I no longer need Pizza or Pasta to live... THAT IS OK.

I want to make sure that my mind and body are ready for the winter months ahead. Have you ever noticed that you pack on the pounds more around the winter time? I think it has to do with the fact that we are bundled up and not thinking about wearing skimpy swim suits or are cuddled under blankets and curled up on the couch rather than walking the beach.

Think about how much you move during the day (which is longer in the summer because the sun is up longer) versus how much you move in the winter. My Goal for the winter is drop a few more LBS and gain more muscle mass.

I am much more concerned with how my clothes fit and the size of my waist rather than what the number on the scale says. If I can weigh 160lbs with decent muscle on my arms and shoulders and fitting in my clothes then so be it. Never judge a book by its cover or a girl by how much she weights.

Do you have any goals for the Winter?
What season do you feel like you gain the most weight?

XO,
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment