Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Jennifer Livingston Story and Healthy Living



Weight… it’s the one you think about everyday if your FAT(Fabulous and Trendy). Seriously though losing weight is probably just as hard as quitting smoking, you know it’s bad for your health, but you just can’t shake it, and losing the weight has to be a decision all your own.

It takes a lot to be in broadcast... You shouldn't judge, she is BEA-U-TIFUL
I have struggled with my weight for the better part of life. Trying to buy cute and trendy clothes and deal with the constant bullying and trying to fit in as a young kid is just as difficult when you’re an adult. In college I went to school for Communications with a concentration in Mass Media. I thought it would be fun to have a career in broadcast, have all the lights and cameras on me and bring to the public the important issues and news from around the world. I wanted to be the next Katie Couric, or so I thought. Going into my freshman year I was thin I was the thinnest I have ever been in my life and I was happy with the way I looked. That was until I realized how picky the industry can be on how you look, what you wear, and how your hair is cut. It makes sense people want to look at attractive people. The running joke in the media industry is “you have a face for radio” meaning that the attractive people are in TV and the less attractive are on the radio. That is a flaw in our society and something that should be changed. While it’s easy to sit on the couch and judge the weight, hair and body types of those on TV’s we have no idea what there life is like. Weight gain and loss is something you need to take control of yourself, however I do think it’s important to look at the bigger picture. Some people are confused as to what is considered healthy and what is not. You see on the news that you should follow a low fat low carb diet. You see celebrities on TV talking about how they lost the weight; the problem is that everyone is different.
Paleo works for me because it’s easier for me to say NO to all grains and all processed foods than it is to limit or moderate how much I eat of one thing. When I eat grains I crave grains and I can’t stop. Dan gets on my case, (with love of course) about I eat more Primal than I do Paleo. The coconut creamer I use in my coffee has a small amount of sugar in it and the Paleo Pizza  I made wasn’t paleo because I put cheese on it. I know that its technically not Paleo, but it fills my craving for pizza without leaving me feeling guilty and gross. I don’t eat it every day and I listen to my body.

One of the things that really bother me is the fact that many women who have to deal with weight issues like Jennifer Livingston, deal with weight issues after they have kids. I have not yet had children, but I know many who have and the long list of can’t and don’t is a mile long. When you’re pregnant you should avoid certain foods, to ensure you have a healthy child like caffeine and alcohol. However you shouldn’t be allowed to eat anything you want. Many doctors say you need to up your fat intake. HELLO PEOPLE real fat is good for you, that means eat your real BACON without the additives and nitrates, and leave the massive bags of chips and dip at the grocery store. Eat more food, but eat real food. If you are what you eat then eating foods high in sugars and over processed means that you’re already starting your child on a diet made of all the wrong foods. Truth of the matter is you need to take control of your own diet and health and it starts with research. Don’t believe everything you read or hear, ask questions and defend your own view points. We live one life, that’s it, make it a good one and make positive changes today that will impact your life in a better way tomorrow. 

When you watch the TV broadcasters on TV applaud the fact that they have chosen to stand in front of you and inform you what is going on in the world. Don’t judge those unless you have walked a mile in their shoes.

Jennifer Livingston Article ( Keep up the good work Jenn You Can Do It!!!)

Happy Wednesday Everyone!!!

XO,
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment