Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Educated Veiwers! Google It!

Here's What A NEW PALEO PUP POST

*I am a disgruntled broadcasting Undergrad and I am urging you to Google what you hear! Do it now!

So I check the inter-webs for Health articles all the time. I am always looking for what ridiculous studies are being printed, what can I say I crave dumb articles. So here is the article of the moment.

The ArticleDrink THIS to cut your cancer risk
  So there is a new study that is suggesting that Tea can reduce your risk of Cancer. As an avid tea drinker I was happy to see this and so I was excited to see the article and then it all went downhill from there.

If you read the article it says "sipping tea regularly could slash your risk of certain digestive system cancers by up to 29%." So I happily read on, and then it continued to say that drinking it at least three times a week. Then it went on to quote "We can conclude that women who drink tea regularly may have a lower risk of developing some digestive system cancers, particularly colorectal and stomach/esophageal cancer," while I wanted to read the reasons why it never gave me that information, but they did say this...

"And while this study was observational (i.e., lifestyle factors such as diet and exercise were not controlled), and researchers didn't investigate tea temperature, strength, or whether food or supplements containing tea extracts would have similar effects, the study did have implications for the most effective type of cancer-fighting tea, according to Nechuta. "

So  lets recap all this article did was spew stats and give us percentages and then said that there was no real factors that were consistent. So when someone tells you to watch your cholesterol and egg consumption ask them for the stats and ask them to explain the study and then direct them to updated studies and new reports.
Ok onto more important things like Me :) So Last night I rekindled my love with Sauteed Spinach and garlic and I LOVE IT and best of all Mike loved it too... Can you believe it or not but I was the only child EVER that loved Sauteed and creamed Spinach!
So this was last nights dinner! Zucchini "Pasta" with Homemade Meat Sauce and Sauteed Spinach on top. This was great meal. It was super fast and easy. I made a big pot of sauce and froze it, and so I just defrosted it and heated it up cooked up the Zucchini and then sauteed the Spinach. Check out my Recipe Box for the how to make this!

Thinking Ahead: What are Some PALEO, Puppy, Lifestyle Questions that you have for You Eat Weird?

XO,
Ash 

No comments:

Post a Comment