Thursday, November 22, 2012

Friends Giving!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

Gobble Gobble Turkey Day!

I bet your wondering what a Paleo Feast looks like? Well here it is a full Paleo meal from beginining to end. I hope everyone has a safe and fun Thanksgiving Day! Let's Go Pats!

First I cut up an onion into quarters, 3 green apples into quarters, 5 or 6 stalks of celery cut up into chunks and a few handfuls of carrots. Also add one stick of Cinnamon and some Thyme and Rosemary. 
Then I cleaned and dried Tom and got him ready for the oven. I also prepared a compound butter by adding some Rosemary, Sage and Thyme to a bowl and mashing it with the butter. I also seasoned him with Salt and Pepper. 
Then I put Tom in his cradle and atop the bed of veggies and massaged the compound butter into the bird. 
I learned a very important lesson, like Make sure your roasting pan fits in your oven. Needless to say Tom got transferred to a cheap pan. Before putting him in the oven I put 2 cups of Chicken Stock into the bottom of the roasting pan and a cup and a half of good Apple Cider Vinegar. I seared Tom in the oven at 450 degrees for 45 minutes uncovered and then I covered him and cooked him at 350 for another 3 hours. I basted Tom every 30 minutes with the juice from the pan. 

Once Tom was done I took him out and drained the veggies and poured the liquid into a saucepot, I whisked in some arrowroot powder and added more chicken stock as needed and just let it cook until it thickened. 
Here was the rest of our spread....

Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Carrot Souffle 
Our B E A UTIFULLY Cut Turkey 
Garlic Roasted Green Beans 

Ashley's Paleo Sweet Potato Cassarole

This was the crew!

Then Of Course your Need to Save Room For Dessert!
Pumpkin Chiffon Pie
Sun Butter Cups!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!! I certainly did, and if you ate  a little less than stellar just remember tomorrow is another day.

XO,
Ash

2 comments:

  1. Delicious girl! We are doing our paleo turkey day tonight. We had regular Thanksgiving food on Thanksgiving day and I felt like crap the next day :( Gotta stick with paleo that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep... I ate a few bites of non paleo food and it made my stomach uneasy... I had a few bites of stuffing which has always been my favorite and I was totally over it. I felt much better after eating the Paleo Thanksgiving then I did just a regular thanksgiving meal.

    If you can think everything in moderation when not eating paleo you should be good to go. How did your Paleo Turkey Day come out? How long have you been Paleo? Do you have a lot of friends that are paleo?


    ReplyDelete