Sunday, January 20, 2013

One Love Lost, But an Angel Gained

"Not everybody drives a truck, not everybody drinks sweet tea
Not everybody owns a gun, wears a ball cap boots and jeans
Not everybody goes to church or watches every nascar race
Not everybody knows the words to "Ring Of Fire" or "Amazing Grace" RIP Uncle Eddie

Hey Kiddos... Sorry I have been MIA, but like has taken some crazy turns. We had a death in the family and alot on our plates to deal with. I needed to just unplug and do my own thing. One thing I love about my blog is being able to use my voice to say what I want, and sometimes that can over take or over shadow just enjoying the moment and living in the moment.

We lost Michael's Uncle Eddie to a long hard battle with throat cancer and while I am sad that he is gone, I know that the family gained an angel and that he is with Grandma and Grandpa and the rest that have been taken too soon. I am sure he is trying to rub wings with the NASCAR legends that have passed.

Anywho. So after a few days spent with the family, we looked  through photo albums and reminisced about old memories and laughed at the silly things Mike and his siblings did and then it was time for me to come out of retirement. Yep on Saturday I twirled for the first time in SIX WHOLE YEARS at the first competition of the year. Let me just say, OMG it's been so long. I will have more on this much later....

The rest of the weekend was spent, finishing up returning things from Christmas and just doing chores around the house. It was a long weekend with MLK day yesterday and with the short week last week it has been a weird few days. I was happy to wake up to my annoying alarm and start my day. While I can say I am very much a creature of habit, sometimes just following your routine is the best thing in the world.

So stay tuned for some more updates and look forward to seeing some new and Exciting Paleo recipes.

XO,
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment