Monday, January 21, 2013

Out of Retirement

So on Saturday I was up bright  and early about 5am to get ready for my first day back as a Competitive Twirler. I was nervous for Two reasons.... I haven't competed in over six years and I didn't have my Mom and Mary to double check my stuff and make sure I had everything I needed. So I was up at 5am and made some coffee and got ready while I watched some TV. I had to do my own hair and makeup, and pack a bag of snacks and water. I was out the door at 6:30 on the dot and got there right at 7am perfectly on time.

I was busy running around and helping so I didn't snap any pictures. But the High School we had the competition was gorgeous. Mike and Scott came to cheer me on and it was great seeing them there. I did alright for my first time back but I wasn't really feeling it. I also sat there and watched the Solo and Strut events and it made me think about wanting to compete again in my solo. I would love to learn new tricks and create a new solo and see what I could do. I also am in love with a few costumes that I have seen around online...


This one is GORGROUS BUT OMG if you only knew the price... So expensive... This is one part of Twirling I don't miss the Pricey Costumes... Momma always paid for that ;)

I know this was only my first competition and I am supposed to just have fun and not worry about it, but it's much more fun when you have a good day. I am hoping that me and my team mates got all the bugs out and are ready to bring our A Game to the next competition. I think we were all a bit nervous since it was our first time all together and I know we will get better.

I have an AMAZING team and they have made me feel so welcomed and so much apart of the team, I couldn't ask for anything else. I just need to relax a bit more next time and just twirl and have fun!!!

XO,
Ash

2 comments:

  1. Girlfriend, when is your next competition? I'm thinkin' some of the Jersey girls and I need to come and cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dates Coming up are...

    Feb 10th Belchertown.
    March 24th Belchertown.

    Let me know if you want to come up!!!

    ReplyDelete