Sunday, February 10, 2013

Like Father Like Son

Doesn't this just melt your heart. I love these two pups they are so awesome!

So this morning we got up and got moving. I made Mike a yummy breakfast of eggs and peppers, and we had some of the leftover Bacon and Sweet Potato Biscuits that I made last night. More on that later... I have so many yummy recipes to share with you! 

Sweet Potato and Bacon Biscuits :) YUM YUM 
These were super yummy and super easy to make.

3 Large Sweet Potatoes 
3 Eggs Beaten
3 TBSP Coconut Flour
1 TSP Garlic Powder
Leftover Bacon Fat

 I roasted Three sweet potatoes in the oven until they were soft, then while those cooked I then cooked a few strips of bacon in a fry pan. Once the potatoes were done then I peeled and mashed them in a bowl, then I added the rendered bacon fat into the bowl along with the chopped bacon, garlic powder, coconut flour and eggs. Then I mixed it all together and then dropped them onto a baking sheet with parchment paper. I baked them in a 375 degree oven for about 35 mins or until they are firm to the touch. These are super yummy and delicious! 

We ate these yummy sweet potato Biscuits with dinner last night and they were so good. Dinner was a hodge podge of 1 steak that Mike and I split, 2 small chicken breasts that I cooked in BBQ sauce, and cheesy broccoli. This was a strange dinner but super yummy, I ate about half and saved the rest for today's lunch. 

We had the leftover biscuits for breakfast and we even have more leftover for tomorrow morning! Score... I did so many yummy baking treats yesterday. I made Carrots N Cake's Paleo Apple Crisp  It was so Good!
This was sooo YUMMY!!!
The Coconut Cream was just AMAZING on top of this. I followed her recipe to the T so you should definitely try this out and follow the recipe. Next time I make this I think I am going to double the banana and also add in a few other flavorful fruits like blueberries and peaches to make more of a cobbler. This was a great snow day treat after a ton of shoveling! 

XO, 
Ash 

No comments:

Post a Comment