Wednesday, February 20, 2013

My New Found Love



I am kind of obsessed with these shoes, I spend a lot of time at work on Amazon comparing sales and prices for work and this shoe is on the front page every day. It is kind of haunting me. I am kind of in love with the crazy bright colors. While I WOULD love those shoes I am kind of embarrassed although not really to WANT TO OWN, a shoe that was probably already created in the 80’s and that I can probably find in an antique shop somewhere… HUMPF....



What’s new with me… hmm So I have found a new love for Spaghetti Squash. I have been indulging a little too much and I can feel it in my knees, I am also trying to get down to business with working out and so that might also be a factor. 



Last night I made Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs with Rao’s marinara sauce… OMG Rao’s Marinara is the BOMB.COM… I am a pasta sauce purist and always make my own sauce but I have wanted to try this sauce and it’s amazing. I am in love… It will definitely be a treat in my house vs. a staple since it’s like 8 dollars a bottle and I can make a big pot of sauce for like 5 dollars. Spaghetti Squash was super yummy and I think had I lightly sautéed it in a pan with garlic and oil it might have been that much more yummy. I am also toying with the idea of a bacon Mac n Cheese with some Coconut or almond milk. I’ll do some testing and report back.

Last Night’s WOD:

AMRAP 8
15 Squats
15 Side Bends
15 Push Ups
15 Abmat  Sit Ups
15 Knees to Chest (on the rings)

I wanted to work out last night and quick I was roasting a spaghetti squash and I wanted to make sure that I was done around the same time, so I did a quick AMRAP. I managed to do 2 and a half full rounds… I was super tired and sore after and I am a little sore today… Stretching and foam rolling and some TRX movements are on the game plan tonight.

On the Menu Tonight:
Steak and Mashed Sweet Potato with Vegetable of the day!

XO,
Ash

1 comment:

  1. Those shot are HAWT. I'm currently loving the neon trend in workout apparel.

    Some quick words of advice: find a local running store and go get fitted for running shoes. Even though they're bright and pretty, those particular beauties may not be optimally suited for your feet/stature/performance. You will thank yourself in the long run!

    ReplyDelete