Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Don't Eat Meat!

I know a good amount of people that are vegans or vegetarians. Some for personal reasons and others because they don't like the taste of meat.

I do agree that a properly cooked chicken breast, pork chop or steak does make a difference. One thing I always revert back to when I started this blog was putting out fair opinions for people to read.

Well today it's all about meat. I have been reading lately that many of the media and personal dietitians are attacking meat. They say that red meat is by far the worst. They say that the high fat quantity is unsafe. Which makes me laugh because I see people preach low fat or no fat and then they reach for soy products (non digestible) and processed foods with manufactured sugars and sweeteners.

I came across this image on Facebook and I laughed. Some people will read this and go home and make pasta for dinner. Others will chow down on there Big Mac and move on.

So is meat bad for you? No protein is essential and while you can find proteins in other things than animal meats, animal meats are not harmful. Precisely well sourced animal protein from local farms are the best. Steer clear of pink slime and opt for a fresher local butcher that can tell you more about the proteins lifestyle.

What do you guys think?

XO,
Ash



No comments:

Post a Comment