Monday, April 15, 2013

Roller Coaster of Emotions

I woke up today excited to watch the Marathon. I had plans to go into Boston, but those fell through once I learned that my friend didn't have the day off. Mike ended up working from home so it was a nice day at home  with the family with the Marathon on TV and a walk in the park later with the pup. 


This is where we stood two years ago when we had our impromptu Marathon Monday trip! this is the same area as the second blast that came late this afternoon.

I am thankful that I had a guardian angel looking over me and my friend. Since we weren't in the city we made it through the day somewhat un-scathed. Although I am having a hard time turning it off and thinking of daily life. I am angry that someone or something can ruin such a great day! A fun day out in the gorgeous weather after our brutal New England winter and we are counting injuries and deaths? It makes me sick.

I feel like it's a nightmare, although I know when I wake up tomorrow morning it won't just all go away.

Tonight Mike looked at me and said I am really glad you  didn't go into Boston! He is a sweetie and cuddling with him and Ace was the perfect ending to this roller coaster ride.

If I can just say one thing...

----Live each day like it's your last because you never know what could happen. Treat everyone around you, loved ones, strangers, and friends like you would want to be treated, you never know what may be going on in someones life so always show compassion. Let the little things fall and stand up for all that you love. Always give your loved ones and great big hug and kiss just in case.----

I moved up to the Boston area and Mike and I are buying a house so we are pretty much settling down a long way from my friends and family and I have never felt so close to my friends and family than I did today. I recieved FB messages and texts and phone calls from so many people just checking in, and it means so much to me. I am one lucky girl to have so many people care for me! I love you all..

XO,
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment