Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Lunch Box Supplement Note? WTF Mate

So how is everyone today? Good... Awesome... So I am about to step of into a world of rant because I just can't believe my eyes. So I was drinking my coffee and perusing the internet when I stumbled across this terribly dumb article.


Two of the reasons I would never want to live in Cananda

Politicians like Rob Ford 

AND 

School Boards like this one... Who clearly aren't SMART

I am not yet a parent but I have been doing alot of research and I plan on raising my kids in a more Paleo-ish kind of lifestyle. So that being said if I had one child and I fed my kids based on the paleo lifestyle it would cost me $900 ($5.00 x 180 school days) and the school district would be feeding my child foods that I would have otherwise been trying to avoid. This is just CRAZY to me... This school should be in the same ring of crazy as the woman who told kids that they are too fat for Halloween Candy...


The point is they have this all wrong. My "imaginable" child may have a gluten tolerant. Missing a grain is not the end of the world, and if they were trying to be healthy Ritz Crackers would not be on my list. The fact that it's 2013 and this is the "NEW" thing is scary. I think a lunch consisting of meat, potatoes, milk, carrots, and orange is a pretty healthy lunch. I as an adult would be quite full and fueled for the day. 

 What are your thoughts? Should schools tell us what to eat and how much? What would you do if you got this note in the mail? Better yet, what was the cafeteria serving that day? 

Food for thought!!!

XO, 
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment