Monday, January 27, 2014

Weekend In Review

This is how my weekend started out. On Thursday night I mixed together 2 balls of bread. Its a stupid easy recipe where you Mix, Let it proof, and then Bake. Other than the waiting game it's super easy and literally anyone can do it... So on Friday night I got home, Mike and I had some Chinese food, I baked my bread, did some light cleaning and put together this basket of goodies for Mike's sister Amanda who moved on Friday into her OWN place!! Congrats Amanda!!
In the Basket From L to R: Best of Boston Home and This Old House Mag, Stonewall Kitchen Strawberry Jam, Homemade Bread, Kerrygold Butter, Sea Salt Caramels, and a Bottle of Bubbly. 
Sat Morning we moved Amanda and then went to Lincoln for lunch where I had Corned Beef and Cabbage Hash and it WAS SO GOOD! No wonder Amanda eats there all the time.

Then Mike and I went home and put in a new light in our house and properly fried a battery back up unit that is connected to our Fios equipment and thus started the weekend without internet and cable.
Which meant a Sunday to run to Starbucks for a Carmel Machiatto and some free wifi so I could get about an hour of work done!

Then it was nap time... I went to a friends Holiday party on Sat night and didn't roll into bed until 2am. ( I didn't party that hard I was the DD) and I had to get up bright and early on Sunday (8am) to take the pupperoni to dog class....

How fresh and delicious do those veggies look... Whole Foods Veggies are the BEST!
After my nap I got in the kitchen to make dinner. I wanted Thanksgiving and to also use up the leftover bread.

Simple and easy thanksgiving dinner in about 2 hours
Complete with a cut from my new Wusthof Knife
And a German Beer...



Thanksgiving In January... Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Chicken Breast, Homemade Stuffing From Scratch Baked Bread with Homemade Pan Gravy and Cranberry Sauce!


All that food made Ace quite tired... he passed out on us while we watched, The Grammys, Downton Abbey and Sherlock.

How was your weekend?

XO,
Ash



No comments:

Post a Comment