Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Super Bowl Pulled Pork

Did you guys watch the Super Bowl? Did you watch the commercials or were you all about the food?

Me to I love the food! The patriots and Cowboys weren't playing so it didn't really matter to me but I am happy that the Seahawks won. 

We ate so much good food! I brought pulled pork to make pulled pork sliders and crab rangoons to go with the make-your-own-sushi! 

I adapted and used a recipe similar to Rachel Rays pulled pork I just made my own adjustments. 

Ingredients:
4lb pork butt cut in half
I bottle of beer 
Vegetable stock
BBQ sauce 
1 onion diced

So first I browned both pieces of pork in a lil olive oil. Then I removed the pork and let it set on the side I quickly sautéed the onions and once they were soft and translucent I added the pork back into the French oven. Then I added a fee good gluggs of beer and a few turns of the pan of vegetable broth. Then I put the lid on my French oven and put it in the oven at 350 degrees. Cook for 2.5 or 3 hours turning halfway through. Then pull the pork with two forks and add BBQ sauce for a saucy pulled pork sandwich or leave it in the beer broth for a simple and flavorful taste! 

Enjoy!!!!

XO, 
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment